PGCIL Recruitment 2018:
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), manpower requirement is distributed according to the posts and disciplines as mentioned below.
Total No of Posts: 17 Posts.
Name of Post and Education Qualifications:
Field Engineer (Civil): 11 Posts.
Qualifications: BE/B.Tech/BSc (Engg)/ AMIE from recognized University/Institute in Civil Discipline with minimum 55% marks.
Essential Post Qualification Field Experience: Should have one year post qualification experience of design/ engineering/ construction/ testing & commissioning, (civil) works etc. in Rural Electrification (RE) / Distribution Management System(DMS)/ Sub Transmission (ST)/ Transmission Lines (TLs)/ Sub-Stations(S/s), etc. Experience in PSU/Listed companies particularly in power sector shall be preferred.
Field Supervisor (Civil): 06 Posts.
Qualifications: BE / B.Tech / BSc (Engg) / AMIE / Diploma in Civil Discipline from recognized technical Board/ Institute with minimum 55% marks.
Essential Post Qualification Field Experience: Should have one year post qualification experience of construction/ testing & commissioning,/ (Civil) works etc. in Rural Electrification (RE) / Distribution Management System(DMS)/ Sub Transmission (ST)/ Transmission Lines (TLs)/ SubStations(S/s), etc. Experience in PSU/Listed companies particularly in power sector shall be preferred
Age Limit: 29 years as on 24.03.2018.
For Field Engineer:
1. Selection will involve Interview only, of the eligible and shortlisted candidates. However, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria and / or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview, if so required.
2. Screening test, if conducted, shall be for elimination purpose only and will not have any weightage in final merit.
3. Screening test, if conducted shall be of 1 hr duration for 75 marks (in two parts. Part-1: 50 questions on relevant discipline and Part-2: 25 questions on Aptitude). There will not be any negative marking. Qualifying marks in screening test for UR category shall be 40% and for reserved category 30%.
4. Candidates who qualify in test will be shortlisted and called for interview based on their performance in screening test.
5. The merit will be drawn purely on the basis of performance in the Interview. Shortlisted Candidates will have to qualify in the Interview to be adjudged suitable for empanelment for appointment.
For Field Supervisor:
1. Selections shall be made on the basis of scrutiny of applications w.r.t. eligibility criteria and desired experience profile and written test of the candidates found eligible after scrutiny.
2. Candidates qualifying in the written test shall be empanelled in the order of merit of marks obtained in written test.
3. The scheme of the test would be as follows:
o The test would be of 1 hour duration
o Sections and Number of questions: Technical Knowledge Test – 50 questions based on Diploma syllabus in the relevant discipline, Aptitude Test – 25 questions based on Logical reasoning, data interpretation, comprehension, vocabulary, data sufficiency and numerical ability
o All questions would be MCQ type with 4 options and carry equal weightage (1 marks each) and there shall be no negative marking.
o Qualifying marks would be minimum 40% for Unreserved and 30% for reserved vacancies.
|Post||Application Fee (Non Refundable)|
|Field Engineer||Rs 400|
|Field Supervisor||Rs 300|
SC/ST/Ex-SM/PwD candidates are exempted from payment of Application fees.
How to Apply:
Application window shall be open from 14.03.2018 to 24. 03.2018. Interested eligible candidates are advised to log on to www.powergridindia.com -> Career Section ->Job opportunities -> Openings -> Regional Recruitment -> Eastern Region-I and apply online.
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID and online payment of application fees: 14/03/2018 (10:00 Hrs).
- Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID and online payment of application fees: 24/03/2018 (23:59 Hrs).
- Cutoff date for eligibility criteria: 24/03/2018.
- Advertisement No: Advt. No. 01/2018 Date: 13.03.2018.